Bar maybe a real life burglar or a really scary episode of American Horror Story.
And yet, sometimes the appeal of the short hair is just too much. Those oh-so-stylish bobs, the cooler than cool pixie cuts...
Jennifer Connelly took 15 years and a movie role to force her to chop off her luscious locks.
So if you're thinking about it, take a look at this and see if you're ready.
Should I cut my hair short? Talk to your hairdresser
- It's important totalk to your hairdresser, if trust them you can be confident they won't give you something that doesn't suit
- Equally get their opinion and talk it through. They tend to know when you're not ready
Should I cut my hair short? Break-ups
- Some people want to get a whole new look and fresh start after a break-up. For some this is a liberating change
- For others it is a mistake. Alexa Chung argued that heartbreak makes for terrible decision making.
Should I cut my hair short? It's about you
- Remember not to just go in with a celebrity photo and expect to look the same. You have to think about your hair and your face shape.
- The one thing to remember is that age old saying, "hair grows". If you're happy with that thought you're so ready.
Check out the other celebs that got the chop:
THREE WAYS TO WEAR SHORT HAIR LIKE KATY PERRY
JENNIFER ANISTON HATED THE BOB TOO
MORE BEAUTY AND HAIR ADVICE