10 things we appreciate since we stopped living at home with our parents
1. Mum doing our washing and returning it neatly pressed to our beds about 10 minutes later. Seriously, how did she do it?
2. Swearing loudly and having someone chastise us for our unladylike decorum. Old fashioned, but strangely pleasant.
3. Having someone make a packed lunch for us, especially if they come with cute little 'I love you' notes on the inside.
4. Having a guaranteed meal made out of a can of beans, some leftover toast and whatever else is lurking at the back of the fridge.
5. Doing stupid juvenile things with our siblings, like recreating the Goonies' piano scene and making Velociraptor noises at Jurassic Park.
6. Knowing that after getting home at 2am from a night out, the house is going to be clean and tidy. No one wants to wake up to a pile of washing up with a screaming hangover.
7. Dad whistling along to Seven Brides for Seven Brothers and My Fair Lady even though he swears he doesn't know the songs.
8. There's nothing like watching your dad trying to work a £10 Nokia mobile phone to give you a technology confidence boost.
9. Listening to mum and/or dad saying "Hello, Smith residence" or "Hello, 1234" when answering the land line. Because they still have a land line.
10. Having a guaranteed taxi service that only requires minor begging and promises of good behaviour.
What did you love/loathe about living with your parents? Tweet us @handbagcom.
KIM KARDASHIAN TAKING PARENTING TIPS FROM BEYONCÉ?
PRINCE WILLIAM BUILDING KATE'S PARENTS A GRANNY FLAT
MORE LIFE ADVICE