Basil Pesto Chicken Salad
- For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- For the salad:
- 2 each (6-ounce) chicken breast
- Olive oil
- To taste salt and pepper
- 1 (5-ounce) bag ready-to-serve Italian blend, mixed greens
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 8 each fresh mozzarella baby bocconcini
- 1 1/2 (80g) bags of Fresh Gourmet Basil Pesto Ciabatta Croutons
In a small bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk until well blended. Refrigerate covered, until ready to use.
Brush both sides of chicken breasts with olive oil and salt and pepper to taste. Grill until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165°F. Remove from grill and let stand for 10 minutes. Slice into 1/4-inch pieces.
Mix greens, tomatoes, mozzarella and chicken with prepared dressing until well coated.
Move to serving plate. Top salad with Fresh Gourmet Basil Pesto Ciabatta Croutons.
Fresh Gourmet salad toppings and ingredients are available in Tesco stores nationwide. To find out more click here.
Will you be giving this a try?
TIME TO PACK A PICNIC WITH THESE SUMMER RECIPES
TANDOORI-STYLE LAMB KOFTAS RECIPE
QUICK & TASTY STIR-FRY RECIPES