- 1 teaspoon vegetable or olive oil
- 1 packet of The Spice Tailor original Tikka Masala
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced into 2cm cubes
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
Heat oil in pan, add the spices and cook for 20 seconds.
Add chicken, brown lightly and add the base sauce; simmer for 1-2 minutes.
Add the main sauce and bring to the boil. Continue cooking for 3-6 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
Serve with rice, naan or parantha.
You can use these handy tips to customise your dish:
• Tikka Masala is delicious with fish, prawns, such and pork.
• Tikka Masala is also a great vegetarian alternative and works well with paneer, mushrooms and lentils.
• Marinate skinned chicken thighs in the base sauce, grill for 8 minutes until charred, shred or chop up and finish off in the main sauce for a great smokey flavour.
• Add green chillies and green peppers for a karahi style dish.
• Tikka Masala is thought to be a British invention, but its true origins are firmly rooted in India as the restaurant favourite, Butter Chicken.
• The chicken itself is normally marinated in a lovely spiced yoghurt base before being cooked to smoky perfection in a searing hot tandoor. It is then shredded and stirred into the masala.
• The masala is a harmony of sweet and tart tomatoes and mellow spices with hints of garlic and ginger. It is loved by all Indian and is known to be the king of all North Indian sauces.
For more tasty recipe ideas head over to www.thespicetailor.com
The Spice Tailor sauces are available to buy from Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsbury's Booths and selected Tesco stores.
INDIAN RECIPE: PANEER ARANCINIS WITH RAITA
INDIAN RECIPE COLLECTION FOR CURRY NIGHT IN
LIZ MCCLARNON'S INDIAN OMELETTE RECIPE