If you're getting a bit tired of drinking exclusively green things, this may be the beverage for you.
The benefits of espresso coconut water
- Coffee is proven, when drunk in moderation, to boost your metabolic rate
- Coffee also gives an often much needed energy lift before a workout
- Coconut water is highly hydrating
- Coconut water is also naturally low in calories, virtually fat and cholesterol free and packed with more potassium than four bananas
- Check out the full benefits of coconut water
Millie Mackintosh, the reality star queen of clean living, has been flying the flag for the Chi bottled drinks.
We've tried them, they are delicious.
However, they're quite high in sugar (14.8g per bottle) so, even though it is unrefined natural coconut sugar, we advise you make it yourself if you can.
How to make your own
- Brew your coffee at home, avoiding using boiling hot water, which zaps the flavour
- Leave to cool and combine with natural - sugar free - coconut water
- Going entirely sweetener free may be too much for you, so if you need to add something try manuka honey. Your body processes manuka honey the same way as sugar, but it has some extra healing properties to make the naughtiness more worth it.
- Alternatively you can add almond milk to add to the flavour. Again try and aim for sugar free.
ten foods that speed up your metabolism
HOW TO MAKE MILLIE'S MASTERCHEF PUDDING
#HANDBAGHERO ALEXA CHUNG'S COCONUT WATER
MORE HEALTH AND FITNESS TIPS